Who will represent your values?
Kentucky Attorney General Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
A VOTE FOR DANIEL CAMERON IS A CONSISTENT VOTE FOR FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY, PRO-LIFE AND PRO-FAMILY VALUES.
Paid for by the Commonwealth Policy PAC, UCC. Not authorized by any candidate or campaign.
(1) Even though Stumbo voted yes to the informed consent bill (SB 4) (1/28/16) as Speaker of the House, he originally failed to vote on a procedural motion that would have revived the ultrasound bill. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16RS/AB4.htm. While Stumbo was Speaker (the most powerful member of the Kentucky House), all but one pro-life bill died. For this reason and for past votes he cannot be relied upon to protect innocent human life.
(2) Sponsored HB 416 (2/27/13) (House Committee Substitute) which expanded gambling in Kentucky by creating two new lottery games. It also expanded digital video slot machines at horse tracks under the auspices of shoring up the state pension fund. The bill passed but was rejected as unconstitutional by the Senate (2/27/13). Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/hb416.htm
(3) Co-Sponsored HB 279 (2013) to specify government shall not burden a person’s or religious organization’s freedom of religion Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB279.htm Voted to override Governor Beshear’s veto of HB 279 (3/26/13) that protects religious freedoms. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB279/vote_history.pdf
(4) Failed to vote to defund Planned Parenthood by bringing SB 7 to a vote on the House floor (2/9/16). Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16rs/House_votes/24_misc_vote.pdf
(5) Co-Sponsored HB 396 (2013) which directed the Transportation cabinet to issue driving permits to nonresidents who are at least 18 years of age and resided in the Commonwealth for at least three years and who cannot prove citizenship or meet the requirements. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB396.htm
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
Congressman George Santos of New York has officially been expelled from Congress. Over two-thirds of the House voted to oust him, including half of Republicans, after an ethics report found that he allegedly committed crimes and numerous other unethical actions....
The Israeli-Hamas war has revealed latent anti-semitism and led to people publicly taking sides. In a few cases, heated emotions have led to violence in the United States. High school students in New York City rioted outside a teacher’s office for two hours after the...
Deep fakes are threatening our understanding of reality. A deep fake is a picture or a video that is altered and faked with the intention to deceive. Now deep fakes are emerging from the Israeli-Hamas war. The intent is to shape opinion and elicit emotional responses....
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.