Who will represent your values?
Kentucky GOVERNOR Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
(1) “I’m pro-choice and I support Roe v Wade.” Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2019/05/10/kentucky-primary-elections-2019-governorcandidates-womens-rights-voter-guide/1141533001/ Beshear is also endorsed by the most radical pro-abortion group in AmericaNARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League). Source: www.prochoiceamerica.org/2019/05/20/naral-beshear-endorsement/
(2) Gov. Bevin is the most pro-life governor in Kentucky history. He signed eight pro-life bills into law during his tenure: SB 9, SB 50, HB 5, and HB 148 in 2019; HB 454 in 2018; SB 5, SB 8, and HB 2 in 2017. Source: https://rewire.news/legislative-tracker/state/kentucky/
(3) “I’m for expanded gaming, and it’s time we get it done.” Source: https://www.apnews.com/4ababfd05bb04cacba5a7a14dd9e9171
4 “I think Casino gambling is a sucker’s bet. I think they are a sucker’s bet for states who think that they’re going to be a big boom.” Source: https://www.wave3.com/story/38198544/governorbevin-reacts-to-supreme-court-ruling-on-sports-gambling/
(5) Andy Beshear is endorsed by Planned Parenthood. Source: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-indianakentucky/newsroom/planned-parenthood-statement-on-kentuckyprimary
(6) Attorney General Beshear failed to join other states that filed suit against Pres. Obama’s order to public schools opening locker rooms and restrooms to transgender students. Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.courier-journal.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2016%2F05%2F27%2Fbeshear-bevin-playing-games-transgenderissue%2F85044302%2F
(7) Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/getaccess/?return=https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/ky-governor/2016/08/22/bevin-hails-transgender-bathroom-rulin/89111832/
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
The US Senate voted to raise the debt ceiling, at least until the year-end. This bill will raise the amount of debt the US is allowed to have by nearly half a trillion dollars. This comes as Democrats plan to propose a $3.5 trillion increase in spending. The House...
Remember when Governor Beshear released 1,706 inmates from prison due to COVID concerns? The inmates had to meet certain criteria for release. But now, according to a recent report, 48% of them have now been charged for committing crimes. Rep. Jason Nemes...
A Facebook whistleblower testified before Congress about the potential dangers the social media giant poses to many of us, especially kids. Frances Haugen is a former employee of Facebook and, before she left, she copied thousands of documents that revealed the harm...
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.