Who will represent your values?
Kentucky GOVERNOR Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
(1) “I’m pro-choice and I support Roe v Wade.” Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2019/05/10/kentucky-primary-elections-2019-governorcandidates-womens-rights-voter-guide/1141533001/ Beshear is also endorsed by the most radical pro-abortion group in AmericaNARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League). Source: www.prochoiceamerica.org/2019/05/20/naral-beshear-endorsement/
(2) Gov. Bevin is the most pro-life governor in Kentucky history. He signed eight pro-life bills into law during his tenure: SB 9, SB 50, HB 5, and HB 148 in 2019; HB 454 in 2018; SB 5, SB 8, and HB 2 in 2017. Source: https://rewire.news/legislative-tracker/state/kentucky/
(3) “I’m for expanded gaming, and it’s time we get it done.” Source: https://www.apnews.com/4ababfd05bb04cacba5a7a14dd9e9171
4 “I think Casino gambling is a sucker’s bet. I think they are a sucker’s bet for states who think that they’re going to be a big boom.” Source: https://www.wave3.com/story/38198544/governorbevin-reacts-to-supreme-court-ruling-on-sports-gambling/
(5) Andy Beshear is endorsed by Planned Parenthood. Source: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-indianakentucky/newsroom/planned-parenthood-statement-on-kentuckyprimary
(6) Attorney General Beshear failed to join other states that filed suit against Pres. Obama’s order to public schools opening locker rooms and restrooms to transgender students. Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.courier-journal.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2016%2F05%2F27%2Fbeshear-bevin-playing-games-transgenderissue%2F85044302%2F
(7) Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/getaccess/?return=https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/ky-governor/2016/08/22/bevin-hails-transgender-bathroom-rulin/89111832/
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
Disney’s most recent animated film, Strange World, flopped at the box office on its opening weekend. This is Disney's first animated feature to have a homosexual main character. It's the second Disney animated movie with an openly gay character to flop. The film also...
Former President Donald Trump has a way of staying in the news, and not always for good reasons. Trump recently had dinner with Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist whose known for calling black people degenerates and being openly antisemitic. While Democrats have...
The founder of the Oath Keepers was convicted of seditious conspiracy for his involvement in the January 6 insurrection on the U.S. Capitol. Stewart Rhodes faces 20 years in prison for plotting to block the certification of the 2020 presidential election. Even though...
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.