Who will represent your values?
Kentucky GOVERNOR Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
(1) “I’m pro-choice and I support Roe v Wade.” Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2019/05/10/kentucky-primary-elections-2019-governorcandidates-womens-rights-voter-guide/1141533001/ Beshear is also endorsed by the most radical pro-abortion group in AmericaNARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League). Source: www.prochoiceamerica.org/2019/05/20/naral-beshear-endorsement/
(2) Gov. Bevin is the most pro-life governor in Kentucky history. He signed eight pro-life bills into law during his tenure: SB 9, SB 50, HB 5, and HB 148 in 2019; HB 454 in 2018; SB 5, SB 8, and HB 2 in 2017. Source: https://rewire.news/legislative-tracker/state/kentucky/
(3) “I’m for expanded gaming, and it’s time we get it done.” Source: https://www.apnews.com/4ababfd05bb04cacba5a7a14dd9e9171
4 “I think Casino gambling is a sucker’s bet. I think they are a sucker’s bet for states who think that they’re going to be a big boom.” Source: https://www.wave3.com/story/38198544/governorbevin-reacts-to-supreme-court-ruling-on-sports-gambling/
(5) Andy Beshear is endorsed by Planned Parenthood. Source: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-indianakentucky/newsroom/planned-parenthood-statement-on-kentuckyprimary
(6) Attorney General Beshear failed to join other states that filed suit against Pres. Obama’s order to public schools opening locker rooms and restrooms to transgender students. Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.courier-journal.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2016%2F05%2F27%2Fbeshear-bevin-playing-games-transgenderissue%2F85044302%2F
(7) Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/getaccess/?return=https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/ky-governor/2016/08/22/bevin-hails-transgender-bathroom-rulin/89111832/
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
Kentucky’s strong laws protecting human life could come to an end, if Democrats had their way in Congress. Democrats in the U.S. Senate reintroduced the Women’s Health Protection Act, which would invalidate all state pro-life laws relating to abortion and would...
A Louisville police officer has returned to duty after being placed on leave for 4 months. So what led to Officer Matthew Schrenger's forced leave? He simply prayed outside the Louisville abortion clinic while off-duty. LMPD sent the officer a list of potential...
Do you remember Jack Phillips? He’s the Colorado baker who successfully defended his right to not bake a same-sex wedding cake before the U.S. Supreme Court. Well, Phillips has been targeted once again by LGBT activists and is in court once again. This time he refused...
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.